Easy Father's Day Cocktail Recipes
BY JULIA | JUN 6, 2022 | 0 COMMENTS
If you’re looking for something a little more special than the standard six-pack for dad this year, you're at the right place. Delicious cocktails are what every father deserves on their special day. And since not every father likes the same sort of cocktails, we need some tasty options.
Sweet or savory, classic or new, this list of recipes will wow anyone. Gather up a few tasty snacks and let’s get down to some fun quality time with dad.
Source - epicurious.com
The Oaxaca Old Fashioned was created by bartender Phil Ward during his time at Death & Co., but the simple yet unforgettable combination of tequila, mezcal, agave nectar, and bitters rose to fame on the menu at Mayahuel. Now it’s widely heralded as the drink that communicated the potential and versatility of the spirit in the cocktail world. The recipe hasn’t aged a day and your dad will love it.
- 1 ½ oz. reposado tequila (El Tesoro preferred)
- ½ oz. mezcal (Del Maguey San Luis del Rio preferred)
- 1 bar spoon agave nectar
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Flamed orange twist, for garnish
- Mix the tequila, mezcal, agave nectar, and bitters in a mixing glass with ice.
- Strain over a fresh rock in an Old Fashioned glass.
- Flame an orange peel over the top of the drink, and rest the twist in the glass as a garnish.
Source - liquor.com
This cinematic and smoky cocktail will make you both look like movie stars.
- 1 1/2 oz Aged rum
- 3/4 oz Oloroso sherry
- 1/4 oz Tempus Fugit Gran Classico bitter liqueur
- 1 bar spoon Smoked-rosemary simple syrup*
- Garnish: Flamed rosemary sprig
- In a mixing glass, add all ingredients with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a flamed rosemary sprig
- Cover with a glass dome and let sit for 1-2 minutes, or until the cocktail is well smoked, before drinking.
- *Smoked-rosemary simple syrup: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1⁄2 cup sugar, 1⁄2 cup water and zest from 1 orange and stir until just under boil. Remove from heat. With a kitchen torch or lighter, flame one rosemary spring until it begins to smoke on all sides. Drop the smoking spring into the saucepan and let steep, covered, for 20 minutes. Strain out solids and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Source - thespruceeats.com
Manhattan is a true classic. Although some drinkers prefer a smooth Canadian whisky, you can pick between rye whiskey and bourbon. This is, without a doubt, one of the essential whiskey cocktails that everybody enjoys.
- 2 ounces rye whiskey (or bourbon or Canadian whisky)
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 to 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- Cherry, garnish
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pour the whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters into a mixing glass with ice cubes.
- Stir well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the cherry. Serve and enjoy.
4. 5-Ingredient Ginger Beer Margaritas
Source - minimalistbaker.com
This cocktail is very simple, with flavors that seem to be made for each other: ginger beer, simple syrup, fresh lime juice, tequila, and rim salt. Only keep in mind that the trick to choosing a decent tequila is to make sure it's made entirely of agave. Then you'll know it's of better quality, which will affect the consistency of your drinks in the long run.
- 1 1/2 ounces 100% agave tequila (such as Altos // 1 1/2 ounces = 3 Tbsps)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (1 ounce = 2 Tbsp)
- 3 ounces ginger beer (3 ounces = 6 Tbsp)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1/2 ounce = 1 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup ice (plus more for serving)
- Coarse salt (for lining rim // optional)
- Line a small serving glass with fresh lime juice and dip in coarse salt (optional).
- Add tequila, lime juice, ginger beer, simple syrup, and ice to a large glass or cocktail shaker and stir vigorously. Don’t shake with a lid on or it will erupt from the ginger beer carbonation.
- Pour liquid (reserving ice) into serving glass with a few ice cubes.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve immediately. Repeat for more drinks, or double/triple the amounts for more people.
5. The Hemingway Daiquiri
Source - thespruceeats.com
According to rumors, Mr. Hemingway used to down most of these in one sitting. This rum, lime, and maraschino cocktail will have you daydreaming about tropical weather and thoughtful conversations with the writer.
- 2 ounces light rum, such as Flor de Caña Extra Dry 4 Year
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce marashino liqueur
- Combine all the ingredients in a Boston shaker or cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain the contents into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Father's Day is a perfect excuse to make a special drink for your father.