Everyone has used a Stainless steel tool at least once in their life because it has a lot of unmatchable features to be as multipurpose and durable as it is.
Today, we want to talk about those important features, but first of all, let's find out
What is Stainless Steel?
The name Stainless steel additionally referred to as inox steel (meaning inoxidizable from the French word inoxydable) comes from its superb skills, which are stain and corrosion resistance. Stainless steel isn't just one material however it is the name for a family of corrosion-resistant steels. This steel has such distinctive properties due to the addition of the chromium.
The steel that stainless steel is produced from is low carbon steel. One of the foremost distinctive skills of stainless steel is its ability to heal itself. The chromium content permits for the formation of an invisible chromium oxide film on the surface of the steel. If the broken stainless steel is exposed to Oxygen – even in little amounts – it'll become self-healing, even with mechanical and chemical harm. When other elements, such as nickel, nitrogen and molybdenum are added during the manufacturing process, these corrosion-resistant properties are increased.
There are currently over 60 different grades of stainless steel but they all fall into five distinct classes that are identified by the alloy elements that are added to enhance or strengthen their properties.
1. Resistant surface: Stainless Steel blades generally have at least 12% chromium which does two amazing things. This makes the blade able to resist rust and corrosion a lot better than other steels. That invisible layer of chromium oxide protects stainless steel, making it the most hygiene-conscious material for kitchen knives. It also does not contaminate your food, thus no extra coating like non-stick coating is needed for the knife. It is also fire and heat resistant since special high chromium and nickel-alloyed grades resist scaling and retain strength at high temperatures.
And If you are afraid of getting handmade knives because of rust, Stainless steel is the way to go. In case of having rust on the blades of your kitchen knives, you can follow our guide on how to clean rust from a kitchen knife.
2. Edge retention: This means how long will the knife keep its original sharpness when you use it regularly. And Stainless Steel is the kind of material that keeps its sharpness for a very long time even in case of being used regularly in a professional kitchen. This also means that you won’t have to take it to sharpen every other week.
3. Easy to sharpen: Now, if you are at a point where you have used the knife enough and you want to freshen up the sharpness of the blade, we have good news for you. Stainless steel is very easy to sharpen thanks to its slightly soft composition. If you want to do it at home, we have a guide for you on how to sharpen steel knives. This way you will save some time and funds while learning a skill that you will use your whole life. Stainless steel blades can be sharpened even with a basic knife sharpener.
4. Low Maintenance: Everyone loves a knife that doesn’t need much care and time investment while staying in pristine condition. Stainless steel provides exactly that and even more. The durable and corrosion-resistant nature makes the stainless knives low maintenance. And as we mentioned before, it keeps the edge for a long time saving you from the need to sharpen it often. Stainless steel has a very smooth and non-stick surface, which makes the cleaning process quick and easy.
5. Multi-Purpose: Stainless steel is a material that provides many features allowing you to use the knives for various applications.
You can use them in a professional kitchen regularly and take them outdoor camping, hunting, or fishing. You can use them in your kitchen for everyday cooking and even see them used in hospitals. And all of that thanks to the durability, corrosion, and rust-resistance that Stainless steel provides.
6. High Strength: If you compare Stainless steel with mild steels, it has a lot higher tensile strength. In comparison to other materials, stainless steel has the strength to weight advantage. Its durable and corrosion-resistant nature has made it a force to reckon with. This allows for the knife to be of reduced thickness, making the knives more economical. Stainless steel knives are extremely strong and durable.
In conclusion: You will see many tools made of Stainless steel and that is because this material provides excellent quality with pristine looks which no other steel can. And when it comes to kitchen knives, it has a lot of amazing features that any chef will prefer.
Hello PAULO CESAR CARUSO, Você pode conferir todas as informações sobre nossas facas aqui: https://coolinastore.com/collections/knives
desejo comprar aquele jogo de facas que se encaixam, e vem dentro de uma caixa.
preciso rever aquelas facas que umas se encaixam nas outras, e vem dentro de uma caixa de madeira, desejo comprar
Leave a comment