These beef-stuffed peppers are filled with tasty seasoned ground beef, and delicious creamy cheese. It's a classic and very simple recipe prepared by our Mysterious chef in the wilderness.
Click here to watch the video.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- For the Stuffed Peppers
- 2 Tbs. sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Spice mix - 2 tsp. granulated garlic, 2 tsp. dried rosemary, 2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper, 1 tsp. mustard seeds, 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, and 1 tsp. crushed coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley, more for garnish
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large green bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
For the Creamy Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
For the Poached Eggs
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 6 large eggs
Make the Stuffed Peppers
- Heat the oil in an Excuto or other large skillet on medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and garlic, and cook until soft.
- Add the ground beef and continue cooking, stirring often, until it is no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, the spice mix, a generous amount of salt and pepper, the tomato paste, and 1 cup water. Stir to combine.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the parsley and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Fill each pepper half with some of the meat mixture. Transfer to a deep, rimmed baking dish and bake until the peppers are crisp-tender, about 20 minutes.
Make the Creamy Cheese Sauce
- Heat the cream in a medium saucepan on medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Add the cheeses, stirring until melted. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
Make the Poached Eggs
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the white vinegar and 2 tsp. salt. Reduce the heat to maintain a medium simmer.
- Gently slide 1 egg into the water. Use a spoon to swirl the egg towards the yolk to form a compact shape. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the white is set, and the yolk is runny, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the egg to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Put the stuffed peppers on a large platter. Top each with a poached egg. Spoon a generous portion of cheese sauce on top of the eggs, and garnish with parsley.
- Bon appétit!