Fan of fish and chips? Rather than using paper cones that get wet and oily before you can even start eating, use this recipe and you can eat the cone along with it. Served with crispy potato and fish balls, the cone is made of delicious parmesan.
Click here to watch the video of it being prepared outdoors.
Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 45 mins
- 1 trout fish filet
- 5 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 batats, sliced in cubes
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups water
- 8 cups sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- Flour 3 cups
- Water 3 cups
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. red paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 slices melty cheese
- In a non-sticky hot pan, add parmesan, parsley and paprika. Once the cheese is melting and has golden brown color, roll the mixture like a cone in the pan as shown in the video. Let it rest.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, water, cornstarch, paprika, black pepper and 1 tsp. salt. Stir the batter to combine.
- Dip the filet in the bowl. In a hot pan add oil and fry the filet.
- Remove from the pan.
- In a hot pan, add water and boil the cubed potatoes. Mix with melted butter and 1 cup grated parmesan. Add salt, pepper and cornstarch.
- Make small balls from the potato and fry in the pan. Remove.
- Fill the cone with fried balls filet, add white sauce and season with parsley and salt to taste.
- Heat the pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup heavy cream and 6 sliced melty cheese to the pan.
- Bon Appetit!