Many of us look to TikTok for new recipe ideas and inspiration for our next meal.
Because, let's face it, sometimes we just don't know what to cook and we aren't always inspired to cook.
One of the chefs on the app, The Mysterious Chef, entertains and inspires millions of people to try new recipes.
To inspire you as well, we're revealing three of his most viral dinner ideas today.
Follow them, and you might discover a new passion for cooking.
1. Lasagna Pockets
Challenge yourself to prepare the most mouth-watering lasagna pockets ever.
If you're feeling ambitious, you can double the effort by cooking it over an open fire along the riverbank.
Just as The Mysterious Chef did…
Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 40 mins
- 2.5 cups Ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 medium-sized carrots, minced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp. sunflower Oil
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 pinch of Nutmeg10 Lasagna pasta sheets
- Add oil to the pan and cook ground beef over medium heat.
- In another pan, add oil and cook garlic, onion, carrot, and tomato paste over medium heat.
- Add the cooked ground beef to the mixture and fry until well browned. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper.
- Place a spoonful of bechamel sauce in the center of one lasagna sheet, and then add another sheet of lasagna as a cross over the top. Add a spoonful of bechamel sauce, meat sauce, and grated mozzarella.
- Fold each side of the lasagna sheet towards the center, then cover the middle with bechamel sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
- Place baking paper on the oven tray and add the lasagna sheets.
- Place the tray in an oven and cook at 350 F for 20 mins.
2. Tom-Yum Soup
Although it sounds complicated, this soup is actually really easy to make.
The hard part is getting the ingredients because there is a lot of them, and some of them are not that easy to find.
But the delicious soup is definitely worth the time and effort you put into it.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- Coconut milk 1 can
- Tom yum paste 2 tbsp
- Calamari 2
- Shrimp 10 pc
- Mushroom 4 pc
- Mushroom shiitake 8 pc
- Kaffir lime leaves 2
- Lemongrass 1
- Garlic 1 clove
- Chicken breast 1
- Coconut 1 pc
- Bamboo leaves 2 pc
- Nori 1
- Funchoza 1/2 cup
- Coriander 1/4 cup
- Ginger 1 medium
- Red chili pepper 2
- Sesame Oil 3 tbsp.
- Water 2 cups
- Lime 1 pc
- Cherry tomato 6 pc
- In a hot pan, fry the mushrooms. Remove from the pan and slice into cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in the pan and add ginger, garlic, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves (for a few mins)
- Add sliced mushrooms, fried mushrooms, chicken cubes, cleaned shrimp, coconut milk, 2 cups of water, funchoza
- Crack the coconut water and pour the water. Keep the coconut halves
- Let it simmer for 10 mins
- Slice the chili pepper, cherries, and lime
- In coconut, half add cherries, calamari, mushrooms, and the soup.
- Decorate with bamboo leaves, sliced chili, and coriander
- Bon Appetit!
The famous vegetable stew known as Ratatouille will transport your kitchen to the French Provence.
Despite the fact that it gained huge fame as a result of the Disney film, it is still as delicious as they made it out to be.
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 55 mins
- For the Thyme Oil
- 3 Tbs. minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 3 Tbs. sunflower oil
- 1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
For the vegetables and cheese:
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 medium, firm tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium summer squash, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise on the bias
- 20 thin slices mozzarella cheese
Make the Thyme Oil:
- Combine the thyme, garlic, ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour the oil into the mixture while whisking continuously. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Make the Sauce:
- Heat the oil in a large, oven-proof, flat-bottom skillet until it shimmers. Add the onion, garlic, and carrots. Cook until they begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the nutmeg. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Return the sauce to the skillet.
Assemble the Vegetable and Cheese Tian:
- Arrange alternating slices of vegetables in stacks, vertically in the skillet, as shown in the video.
- Tuck the mozzarella slices between the vegetable stacks.
- Drizzle the thyme oil all over the vegetables.
- Cover with foil, and transfer to a 375°F oven. Bake until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the vegetables begin to brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Bring the skillet to the table and serve, family-style.
- Bon appétit!
Want more dinner ideas?
Visit The Mysterious Chef's TikTok to see the cutest dog ever, as well as an entertaining cooking process and beautiful scenery.
Click here to visit his channel for more viral videos and fresh ideas for your next meal.