Special Circle Bread Baked On Open Fire
BY JULIA | MARCH 9, 2022
Nothing compares to a warm and toasty piece of bread baked over an open fire in the freezing wilderness. You have the option of following our recipe to achieve at least the sensation of steamy bread, or you may watch our mysterious chef at work. The possibilities are endless!
- Flour - 2 cups
- Yeast - 1 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Milk - ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Sesame - 1 tbsp
- Sunflower oil - 1 tbsp
- Pepperoni sausage - 1 pc
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Eggs - 3 pcs
- Heavy-cream - 1 cup
- Roquefort - 1 pc
- Philadelphia cheese -1 pc
- Avocado - 1 pc
- Salmon - 10 slices
- 1. At room temperature, combine the instant yeast and milk and give it a quick stir increasing the temperature gradually up to 140 degrees F.
- 2. Let it sit. Add flour, sunflower oil and blend until it becomes a sticky mass form. Then knead the mass to form a smooth ball. Put it on a plate or elastic bowl, cover with a towel for rising around 2 hours.
- 3. Punch down the dough and shape a smooth ball. To give it a crown shape, stick your fingers in the middle and work them outwards to make the hole large
- 4. Brush over the dough ball with oil and sprinkle with sesame.
- 5. Place a greaseproof paper on the baking tray, make sure to firm around the sides and base. Put the dough in it and place the tray in the oven. Preheat the oven to 338 degrees F and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- 6. Remove the bread from the oven and give it around 20 minutes to cool before serving.
- 7. Slice the ingredients: pepperoni, avocado, salmon and 2 types of cheese
Lee R. about Daozi
Love the versatility of this little beaut right here. She’s a sliver, chopper, and serving spatula all in one! Made a great Dutch oven “mile high stew” with just the knife. Better than expected!!
- 8. Break the eggs
- 9. Time for the sauce. Add the heavy-cream, Roquefort cheese and ⅓ tsp salt, ⅓ black pepper and mix in the hot pan until the mixture is smooth
- 10. Take another pan and grease it with 1 pc of butter
- 11. Cut the bread into 2 pieces and put them in the pan. Toast until the bread reaches the desired brown color.
- 12. Remove the bread slices from the oven.
- 13. Grill the already cut pepperoni sausage in the pan
- 14. On the bottom bread slice add Philadelphia cheese, avocado and salmon
- 15. Cover the bottom slice bread with the upper slice bread and add grilled pepperoni and eggs in the hole.
- 16. Put the whole sandwich in an already butter greased pan and cook for 10 min at 350 degrees F. Remove from the oven to dry.
- 17. Pour the Roquefort sauce in a bowl and enjoy the meal.