If you're planning a family barbecue this Memorial Day, you're going to need some good recipes to make on the grill. Celebrate the long weekend with these delicious barbecue recipes, from amazing low-calorie burgers to easy grilled vegetables. Pick your favorites and start your Summer with good food.
- Easy Fish Tacos
These are not just any fish tacos; they are special. How? You might ask, well the fish used in this recipe is cod marinated in a mixture of lime juice, chili powder, and cumin. But the real gem of this recipe is the cabbage slaw which is the perfect condiment to the spiced cod.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. cod (or other flaky white fish)
- 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
For the corn slaw
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 c. shredded purple cabbage
- 1 c. corn kernels
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add cod, tossing until evenly coated. Let marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, and honey. Stir in cabbage, corn, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Remove cod from marinade and season both sides of each filet with salt and pepper. Add fish flesh side-down. Cook until opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before flaking with a fork.
- Assemble tacos: Serve fish over grilled tortillas with corn slaw and avocado. Squeeze lime juice on top and garnish with sour cream.
- Grilled Sausages
Perfectly charred sausages are a go to when it comes to BBQs, plus; these ones are extremely easy to make.
- 6 sweet or spicy Italian sausages
- 6 split rolls
- Heat grill to medium. Grill sausages, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve in rolls with desired toppings.
- Chargrilled Chicken Wings
The dozen seasoning ingredients combine to make the perfect flavor of these unbelievable delicious chicken wings.
- 4 lb. Chicken Winglets
- 1 ½ tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Coarse black pepper
- ½ tbsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. Onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Chilli powder
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Oregano leaves
- ½ lemon
- 1 ½ tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- In a large bowl, add the chicken. Begin to add the seasonings to the chicken (salt, pepper, seasoned salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, Italian seasoning, Thyme, oregano leaves, squeeze the lemon, Worcestershire Sauce, and liquid smoke. Use tongs or cover hands with disposable gloves and toss chicken in seasonings. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for, at least, 30 minutes.
- Prepare your grill as desired. However, place most of the charcoal more heavily on one side of the bottom of the grill. Proceed to start fire according to manufacturer instructions. Cover half of the grill with aluminum foil. Once it’s safe, place the grill on top of the coals.
- Place the wings, with tongs, on the coal-heavy side of the grill. Flip the chicken wings after 5 minutes on each side. Place the chicken on the aluminum foil side to finish cooking. Remove from heat once the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve.
- Grilled Vegetables with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
We have to make something for the vegetarians too, right? So these grilled vegetables pair perfectly with a Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce that is easy to make, sweet, tangy, and flavorful.
- ⅓ cup Maille Dijon Originale
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Using a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 7 days.
- Miso-Glazed Chicken Burgers with Cabbage-Apple Slaw
A diet-friendly burger for those who want to save some calories and leave some room for dessert.
- 2 lb. ground white-meat chicken
- 1 c. whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 c. miso paste
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- c. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 c. shredded cabbage (purple and/or white)
- 2 crisp, sweet red apples
- 8 Sesame buns
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, breadcrumbs, 2/3 cup onion, celery, egg whites, and 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Season with 2 teaspoons each salt and pepper. Shape into 8 equal (about 5 1/2 ounces each) patties. Place patties between squares of waxed paper and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine miso paste, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons cider vinegar. Equally divide miso glaze into 2 bowls (1 for grilling and 1 for drizzling on slaw). Set both aside.
- In a large bowl, toss to combine cabbage, apples, and remaining onion, sesame oil, brown sugar, and cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium. Grill buns, split side down, until warmed, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Coat grill with cooking spray and grill burgers, about 6 minutes per side. Brush burgers with miso glaze from the first bowl, flip, and grill for 1 1/2 minutes more. Repeat for the other side. Place burgers on bottom buns; then layer with slaw, a drizzle of miso glaze from the second bowl, and top buns.
Be the first to comment