Meet Summer with a bright and refreshing cocktail in your hand. From twists on the classics to delicious ways to use seasonal fruits, we've got a mouth-watering list of cocktail recipes you should make for this Memorial Day. And we won’t be surprised if these become a traditional drink on your holiday table.
- White Wine Sangria
Sangria is the ultimate Summer drink and a must-have on Memorial Day cookouts. This easy white-wine sangria recipe has lots of seasonal fruits that get soaked in Grand Marnier for a bit before going into the pitcher.
- 1 c. sliced strawberries
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. Grand Marnier
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle white wine, chilled
- 1 c. seltzer
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, mango, peach, sugar, and Grand Marnier. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To a large pitcher, add refrigerated fruit and apple, orange, and lime slices. Pour in white wine and seltzer, and stir to combine. Serve well chilled.
- The Ginger Mint Margarita
It doesn’t get more refreshing than this minty Margarita. So get that cocktail shaker out, the season is upon us.
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 2 oz blanco tequila
- .75 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 slices fresh ginger root
- 5 mint leaves
- Muddle the ginger and mint in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add Cointreau, tequila, lime juice, and ice into the cocktail shaker. Shake and fine strain over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a mint sprig.
- Tequila Sunset
The color of these cocktails speaks for itself. Grenadine provides the vivid color, but if you don't have on hand skip it — the flavor is still deliciously refreshing.
- 1 c. ice
- 1 1/2 oz. tequila
- 4 oz. orange or grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz. grenadine
- Maraschino cherry or mandarin, for garnish
- Fill the serving glass with ice, tequila and juice.
- Add grenadine, garnish with cherry or mandarin and serve.
- Strawberry Vodka Lemonade
Sometimes, the simplest idea is the best one. If you want to go for something simple and easy, this vodka-spiked lemonade is the right choice.
- 4 medium strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces lemonade
- Sliced strawberry, for garnish
- Gather the ingredients.
- Muddle the strawberries in the bottom of a tumbler or old-fashioned glass.
- Add ice, followed by the vodka.
- Top with the lemonade.
- Garnish with strawberry slices laid out in a fan. Serve and enjoy.
- Lavender Lemon Drop Martini
This fun and delightful Martini is the perfect refreshment for your Memorial Day cookout.
- 1 teaspoon culinary lavender buds, fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 2 ounces lemon vodka
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lavender sprig, garnish
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a cocktail shaker, lightly muddle the lavender and simple syrup.
- Add the vodka and lemon juice and fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lavender sprig. Serve and enjoy.