International Women’s Day is on its way and a lot of people are celebrating it at home. That’s why we need to put a little extra effort to make it all the more fun and special. If you’ve already made plans for an easy and delicious recipe to surprise the women in your life, it’s time to pick out some tasty cocktail recipes to go with it. We have thrown in some old-fashioned classics in the mix, along with deliciously simple cocktail recipes that anyone can concoct. Shake, stir, or pour away any one of these cocktails to give every woman the celebration she deserves.
- Classic Daiquiri
This classic will allow you to demonstrate your cocktail shaking skills and impress the special lady in your life. This recipe is the original one which was once served, very cold, over ice.
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 2 tsp. superfine sugar
- 2 oz. white rum
- Sliced lime, for serving
- In a cocktail shaker, stir together lime juice and sugar to dissolve.
- Fill with ice, add rum, and shake until cold. Strain into a coup and serve with a slice of lime.
- Mary Pickford
This fruity but not so sweet cocktail will make you feel like you're on vacation somewhere tropical and fresh.
- 1 1/2 oz. white rum
- 1 1/2 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 tsp. grenadine
- Cherry, for serving
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake rum, pineapple juice, liqueur, and grenadine.
- Strain into a coup and serve with a cherry.
- Pomegranate Margaritas
Make some use out of those wintry fruits and throw together these extremely easy yet so tasty Margaritas in just about 10 minutes or so.
- 2 cups pure pomegranate juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 3/4 cup Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 3 cups ice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a pitcher add the pomegranate juice, lime juice, tequila, and Cointreau (or triple sec) and mix until well combined. Taste and adjust if needed (more juice, more lime, more tequila, etc).
- Divide among ice filled glasses, and garnish with pomegranate seeds and lime wedges. Serve at once.
- Champagne Sangria Recipe
This Champagne, grapefruit, and pomegranate sparkler is the pink drink for her dreams. So make it come true!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle Barefoot Bubbly Pink Moscato
- sliced grapefruit pomegranate arils, and fresh mint for garnish
- Heat water, sugar, and chopped mint in a small saucepan over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pitcher, combine the mint simple syrup, both juices, and the full bottle of Bubbly Pink Moscato. Stir to combine.
- Add ample grapefruit slices and pomegranate arils into the pitcher.
- Chill until ready to serve, at least 2 hours.
- Blueberry Mojito
Made with blueberries, fresh mint, lime, sugar, seltzer and rum, it’s the perfect refreshing drink to celebrate Women’s Day and the start of the warmer seasons.
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces white rum
- 16 ounces soda water
- Place the blueberries, mint, sugar and lime juice in a pitcher. Muddle together.
- Add the rum and soda water to the pitcher and stir. Divide evenly between two glasses.
Choose your recipe, grab a funky shaker, fresh citrus, and a dash of a good spirit to make the greatest cocktail for her.